Below a list of ongoing and finished scientific marine projects - Danish as well as international - with link
to the projects homepage, if existing.
- BalticWay The Potential of Currents for Environmental Management of the Baltic Sea Maritime Industry.
- BOOS Baltic Operational Oceanographic System.
Co-orporation between marine institutes around the Baltic Sea on operational oceanography.
- BOSS4GMES Building Operational Sustainable Services for GMES (Global Monitoring for Environment and Security).
EU research project for the period 2006-2009. Focus is on establishing operational ocean services, e.g. ocean indicator products.
Developing Arctic Modeling and Observing Capabilities for Long-term Environmental Studies. An EU contribution to the international Polar Year.
- ECOOP European COastal-shelf sea OPerational monitoring and forecasting system.
EU project financed for 2007-2010.
An ESA project on the use of satellite observations for storm surge warning.
European branch of the Global Ocean Observing System, GOOS.
- GCOS SST&SI
Global Climate Observation System - Working Group on Sea-Surface-Temperature and Sea-Ice.
- Greenland Climate
Regional Climate Change in Greenland and Surrounding Seas.
Research project financed by The Danish Environmental Protection Agency, The Danish Ministry of the Environment.
International Polar Year project:
Vulnerability and adaptation of South Greenland economies to natural variability in the multi-year ice coverage.
Collaboration between DMI, Roskilde University Centre and the Greenland Home Rule.
Funded by The Commission for Scientific Research in Greenland (KVUG) for 2007-2008.
MarCoast is a European-wide operational service funded by ESA (European Space Agency) from Sept 2006 - Sept 2008 under the GMES Programme (Global Monitoring of Environment & Security). Within this frame satellite-derived information on water quality parameters like chlorophyll concentration and sea surface temperature are delivered routinely to a number of interested users, primarily national environmental authorities.
Marine Ecological Modelling Centre. Danish co-operation on developing of marine ecological models.
- Mersea IP Marine EnviRonment and Security for the European Area.
EU project financed for 2004-2008.
Part of EUs and ESAs GMES programme (Global Monitoring for Environmment and Security).
- NOOS North west shelf Operational Oceanographic System.
Co-orporation between marine institutes around the North Sea on operational oceanography.
- NOVANA Det Nationale program for Overvågning af VAndmiljøet og NAturen. Danish environmental project.
- OSI-SAF The Ocean and Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility - is an answer to the common requirements of meteorology and oceanography for a comprehensive information on the ocean-atmosphere interface.
- Polar View
An earth observation program with focus on both the Arctic and the Antartic.
See DMI webpage on Polar View.
- Satellite Eye
Satellite Eye for Galathea 3 combines observations from the Galathea expedition to satellite image information for use in education. To demonstrate that physical sciences and the work with physical sciences subjects are exciting and attentive. Financied by Egmont Fonden.
- YEOS YEllow Sea Observation, forecasting and information System.
EU research project financied for 2007-2009.
Vibeke Huess - updated August 2007
- ARATEX Arctic-Atlantic Exhanges.
Monitoring and modelling exchanges between the Arcic and the Atlantic across the Greenland-Scotland Ridge.
Collaboration between the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research, University of Bergen, the
Fisheries Laboratory of the Faroese, Torshavn, the Marine Research Institute,
Reykjavik, and University of Akureyri, Akureyri.
Funded by The Nordic Council of Ministers for 2007-2009.
- Mersea Strand 1 Marine EnviRonment and Security for the European Area.
EU project financed for 2001-2003.
- MOEN Meridional Overturning Exchange with the Nordic Seas.
EU research project.
- ODON Optimal Design of Observational Networks.
EU research project financed for 2003-2006.
- PAPA Programme for a bAltic network to assess and upgrade an oPerational observing and forecAsting System in the region.
EU network project financed for 2002-2005.
- West Nordic Ocean Climate
Research project financed by Nordic Council of Ministers for 2000-2005.